I recently got a question in the Blissful Living Lounge Facebook group, join us here if you so desire. She says, "Any artists here ? If so, do you use manifesting in order to attract great success for an exhibition ( I mean sales :-) !!! ) ? And if so, how ? Thanks for your input, experience and advice (even if you are not an artist but wanna join this conversation your ideas are of course greatly appreciated too) !"
I really felt like I wanted to touch on this topic because I did recently work with a new budding artist (@lcartistry) and coached her to get her home in order and her energy in alignment to design a business for herself that she loves. I've found that many of us in business for ourselves, think ourselves into struggle. The term 'starving artist' has sort of become the norm in our minds and vocabulary but if you clear out your limiting beliefs and old energy, you can set yourself up for serious success.
Here are a few steps that I use with my clients and masterclass students to work on creating sales, abundance and success in your business:
1. Know what your desire is… you've got to become crystal clear on exactly what it is that you want to experience in your life and business. All the beautiful details!
2. Daydream and visualize... your dreams happening, do this daily. I use tumblr and pinterest to dream up things for myself. I also create vision boards so I can really get into the feeling of it.
3. Don’t over-analyze... or think too much about things, especially if they are based on fear. Choose ONLY positive thoughts and trust your deep desires and intuition.
4. Create rituals and routines... Make your home organized, clean and beautiful… make being at home something you look forward to. Put your phone down and really be where you are. It's during these special times when new ideas pop up, or new opportunities have the room to come in.
5. Be grateful... for where you are right now. Always list in your mind why you are appreciative of anything and everything. Your health, morning cup of coffee, your relationships, your family, your clothes, etc.
6. Act as if... When you begin to daydream about something you want, lets say a sold out art show, act as if what you desire is happening. Paint more paintings because you are about to sell out of all of your other ones, frame the works as if they are going to your dream client, When you focus on what you want, it gives you a chance to experience different realities and design for yourself the reality that you desire.
7. Clear out the unnecessary... the activities, people, places and things that aren’t consistent with your dreams and ideal life. Get your home organized and cleared out for your success to come in!
8. Raise your vibration... Do whatever you can to keep your feelings happy, if you aren't feeling good, find a better feeling thought immediately. Keep your energy high and positive so you can stay in a zone that attracts more like experiences to you. Joy, happiness, excitement, gratitude, love, etc.
9 Create a support system... Surround yourself with ideal groups, friendships, coaches & mentors who are positive, supportive, and empowering people.
10. Repeat affirmations daily... Write affirmations for yourself of what you want to experience so it goes deep down into your belief system. If it feels hard, fake it until you make it. Repeat them over and over and over until you see them happening for you. You've got to keep the space in your mind super clean and focused only on success.
11. Read inspiring books... My mentors taught me to read these books again and again until success became the norm.
12. Let go. You may have been repelling your desires because of your attachment to them. Go and do other things to take your attention away from focusing on what you are wanting. Sometimes, if you keep thinking of what you don't have, you will keep attracting that same experience.