The other day I was at a friends house and we were having a conversation about detoxing. We discussed how easy it is to detox your body and the brilliance that you feel after eating healthy and purifying your system. Which led me to think about what it takes to detox your home. I live by the philosophy that everything that happens in your life starts at home. Yes, we spring clean, but do we detox our home? It's not a very popular thing to do, but I am convinced its so very necessary. Imagine if we really put effort into detoxing our space? At that point we are led to redecorate for domestic bliss...
Here are 5 easy ways to get your home on the DETOX plan:
1. Introduce the greens. Plants are one of the best sources of energy, especially for the home. When you feel the need for a refresh or a detox, go out and get a plant to clear out old energy in your space. Even if you don't have a green thumb, its a good idea to nurture your home. Having a plant to water and care for introduces responsibility and gives you something to care for. This sets you up for self discipline, a new change to your routine and good habits for success.
2. Get a salt lamp. They say that placing bowls of sea salt in corners of the home and by windows detoxes and purifies the air in your home. A salt lamp can be just as effective. The heat of the light energizes the salt which sends negative ions in the air to purify and cleanse. Plus, it creates a soft amber glow for the home which can be soothing and romantic. Good for clearing out old toxic love vibes.
3. Yellow flowers. In Feng Shui, the color yellow symbolizes happiness and welcoming energy, so thats going to attract those vibes and get rid of bad ones. More importantly, yellow flowers also symbolize sunlight and a healthy heart. So keep these flowers in places like the kitchen to attract good health.
4. Place a cactus near your home office. It can be either big or small but the energy from a cactus helps combat the radiation that computers and other electronics give off. I know I am at my desk a lot so this is a must for me. Check out a few other ways to battle the computer haze.
5. Burn 100% beeswax candles. I am obsessed with all candles, but if you burn 100% all natural beeswax candles in your home, its better for you. These candles emit negative ions which purify and clean the air, if they smell good too then its just a bonus. Qualitas New York has the top of line in white beeswax candles and incredible scents. (Cinnamon is good for enhancing your happiness, Lavender is good for enhancing your sleep)