Let's face it. Spring is here and we aren't really needing to keep the fireplace going any longer. So, what do you do with your fireplace when there is not really a use for the fire? You style it up and make it a vignette. In my very first NYC apartment, my fireplace was the highlight of my space but I never used it, I just styled it up in different ways to make it fun and vibrant. Here are a few tips for keeping your fireplace chic and on point for Spring.
1. Display a collection. (Above) I love the set of chrome lanterns in different sizes arranged for display. You can light candles inside them or just let them sit alone in a chic looking collection. The oversized mirror + beautiful greenery add something extra romantic, too.
2. Style your mantle with chic accents and stock up on your firewood for next fall. I love this style of firewood gathered together, it goes with the grey walls. Arrange them vertically for balance and to fill the space. It's such unique decor and adds that earthy element while keeping the place cool.
3. Place functional seating and tableau in front of the fireplace to fill the blank space. I love this sweet cherry blossom on a small footstool with books sitting in front of the fire. While allowing the layered art on the mantle to steal the show. It's a cool library vibe and its functional.
4. Give the mantle a show stopping arrangement of blooms and layer up candles in the fire pit. Candles are a spin on fire, but not as warm and smoky. You can work with this look year round.
5. Layer up the green. Greenery is everything for Springtime and it gives a home energy and life. In the months when your fireplace doesn't have much fire happening, liven it up with exotic greenery and keep the energy flowing. I also love this boho mix with all the textures. Could be such a cool meditation spot.