I've never really been a Summer lover, typically I prefer Spring and Fall. Summers are hot and typically things tend to slow down, and in my line of work, I can really vacation whenever I want. I don't like the laziness of Summer. I have always been in love with the energy of Fall and gearing back up for work and order, I think its most likely my Capricorn nature. However, this Summer I really have been embracing the "laziness" and doing everything I can to enjoy and nurture myself this Summer.
Here are 7 I am obsessing over. . .
1. Staying in. I've never loved my home so much, perhaps this is why I love not leaving it. I only leave for a really, really good reason. Because I love my home so much, my family & friends love it too which makes it much easier for me to happily stay home. Plus, I am all about wellness and for 2017 staying in has become the hottest wellness trend.
2. Hair & Face Masks by Shea Moisture. During Summertime my hair gets so much sun, chlorine, salt water, etc. So I really try to take care of it as much as I can. I've become obsessed with this hair mask by Shea Moisture. I put it on at night and sleep in it, then after you wake up and rinse it out, your hair feels like a million dollars. Shortly after I began using it, people have complimented how shiny my hair is. The face masks too are absolutely divine. This brand has me hooked. I try to do 1-2 times per week, when I just want to amp up my natural glow.
3. Wellness retreats. At the start of my Summer, I went to Miami for a meditation/yoga retreat. It was incredible! It was completely NOT what I expected but it was so much more. I have so many personal epiphanies, met some wonderful like minded people and learned how to meditate in a whole new way. Perhaps thats what has me loving Summer so much, it was started off in a really positive way and taught me how important wellness is to our happiness! I'm even considering going to another one in Tuscany at the end of Summer.
4. Lavender. Have you ever seen a photo of the lavender sunsets in Provence, France? Oh my goodness, they are breathtaking. I've never really been a fan of strong lavender smells but once I learned more about how much the French country uses lavender and its benefits, I got hooked. Trader Joe's has an incredible Lavender body scrub that leaves your body so silky soft and is perfect to do right before bed. I also use the lavender spice mix in my breakfasts while pretending I'm in Provence. I use a lavender chapstick, lavender laundry detergent and I have been more inclined to put lavender color roses in my home.
5. MCT oil. If you haven't heard of it by now, I highly suggest adding this into your diet. It's an oil derived from coconuts that's a really 'good for you' fat and goes directly to your liver and enhances it. I started to use it (this is the one I have) in my coffee as a replacement for cream and I loved it. When I noticed that I couldn't even finish a full cup of coffee because I was full of energy, I knew something was going on. So, I started to add to my protein shakes, eggs, etc. All of a sudden I noted that there wasn't any more elbow or knee popping my workouts. That changed it all for me. I am officially obsessed. I find this read to be informative.
6. Vitamin Drip Spa. I was invited to go for a 'drip' once and ever since I am in love with it. At first I was hesitant because I don't like needles but I've seen it all over instagram, so I decided to go for it. What I can tell you is that if you are feeling depleted, tired, or just looking not your best, you may just need some serious hydration. That can be done in about 30 minutes at your local drip spa. They inject an IV filled with the vitamins you're lacking and afterwards, you feel wonderful!
7. Organize in chunks. Our homes can always be improved. Chances are that you have an area or two that has piled up or a drawer that is overflowing. It's important that we organize these little spots in order to keep our mind feeling lighter and less stressed. Don't overwhelm yourself and feel you need a massive overhaul. Start with the small spaces, like in your bathroom, close the tops of lids, put things where they go, throw away what is old or used up. Figure out a way to store your products better. One place I really began to love keeping organized is my fridge, once I did that I noticed a huge shift in me wanting to cook more. Which led to me eating at home more, which led to me saving a ton of money. This is key to a blissful lifestyle. That's why I LOVE to teach it and I'm teaching it right now in the workshop!