Being on vacation with my family has already taught me so much. One, I love the holidays because you get quality time with the people you love so much. Two, it is so necessary to have a personal space that is all your own and makes you feel comfortable and in your zone. I've always felt the importance of creating a personal space even in your own home. Whether it be your bedroom, vanity area, side table or even just a chair, you need your "me" zone.
Your personal space should nurture your soul, your self and your confidence. Here are 5 tips for keeping your personal space. . .personal.
1. Candles. I know that living with people can make it difficult to burn candles that you love around. I love smells like gardenia and tuberose but sometimes people can't stand those scents. So in my personal space, I keep my favorite smelling candles. I place more neutral candles in the public zones. Give yourself the gift of scents that are pleasing to you for your self care. Aromas enhance your spirit.
A few of my favorites...
2. Uplifting words. I'm big on daily affirmations and positive, inspiring imagery around the house. In your personal space, I think its important to place photos, quotes and words that bring you back to your peaceful place. I love the photo gallery wall above a vanity space with quotes and words that inspire and motivate. Keep these in beautiful frames to make the decor stay put together and glam.
3. Flowers. Peonies, roses, orchids or you can even place a succulent or some bamboo. Giving life and energy to your personal space activates a feeling of being alive. It's one of my glam-shui rules. Keeping life in your space helps you to feel fresh and vibrant. This is essential for living everyday at your best.
4. Light and fresh air. When you spend time in your personal space, try opening a window to let in some natural light and a wind of some fresh air. Take a moment, focus on breathing deep and let that energy captivate you. Not only does it feel good and look good, its super healing too.
5. Organization. Be sure that your personal space is clean and organized. Keep away the dust, wipe down the mirrors, keep things organized and in trays. Stack books or magazines in a stylish way. Keep all clutter away, don't let mail, receipts or miscellaneous items pile up in your personal space. This will help you feel put together and clean. Nothing is more important for your life.
A few key organizational tools...
images via: the everygirl | @chelsiebirks | this is glamorous | @vegas_nay