Happy Valentine's Day my loves. I hope you are fully treating yourself to the best day possible. For our family, Valentine's day is my paternal grandparents anniversary. We all have always been so inspired by their love story so each year on their anniversary our family feels so much happiness. We all feel so grateful that our grandparents met on a blind date, had 6 awesome children and led to our family. It's more than just a celebration of love and romance. It's always been a celebration of love, family, joy, togetherness. It always just feels like such a blessing, I feel like I was blessed the best grandparents in the world.
I'm not big on decorations for the holidays but I absolutely love decorating for Valentine's because its really all about lots of fresh flowers! Over the weekend, I had a few girlfriends over for a little vision board Valentine's brunch. Because it was so close to Valentine's we decided to make vision boards specifically for love and romance. You can do this if your are single and looking for your soulmate or even if you are in a relationship and want to improve it.
So that's what we set out to do. Here is a little peek at a few of the vision boards. The girls had a really good time.
I encouraged the girls to frame their boards in pretty frames so that they can place their frame in the love corner of their bedrooms. I also gave the girls a few tips on how to decorate using Feng Shui to enhance love and relationships in their lives.
First, you'll want to locate the love corner of your bedroom. I like to tell my clients to Feng Shui their personal bedroom instead of the entire home because its such an intimate and personal space. You can be really intentional in your bedroom.
So you will see that the love and marriage corner of your bedroom will be the far right corner from the wall that the door sits on. In this corner you'll want to enhance to send intentional energy to this area of your life. It's really all about intention here. Where attention goes, energy flows. So allow yourself to have fun with this.
1. Add some loving colors and fresh flowers. Pink and red are always symbolic for love, compassion, romance, etc. I like to make sure to keep fresh pink roses in this corner. Fresh flowers always enhance the energy of a space. They also reduce stress and anxiety and enhance compassionate feelings.
2. Crystals and candles. Rose quartz is one of my favorite crystals for the home. They attract universal and unconditional love. Place one in your love corner. You'll also want to place pink or red candles in that corner too. Never just one, always a pair.
3. Decorate in pairs. If you look around your home and see lots of single items, chances are the relationship energy is off. Decorate with pairs of things. A pair of candles, pair of tables, etc. I also encourage you to hang up artwork that shows pairs, couples in love, artwork that symbolizes love and romance, not negative, draining or single energy.
Here are some examples of good Feng Shui artwork:
4. Keep bedsides balanced. Bedside style is everything. You want to make sure that on either side of your bed is equal energy. Matching nightstands, lamps and artwork, keeps the energy balanced between both partners. If you are looking to attract a partner, leave an empty drawer on the opposite side of you to call in the one.
This photo below is a great example of balanced bedsides, even if/when nightstands aren't matching. Just do your best to make them even, so one partner doesn't have more energy than the other.
5. Make room for your mate. As women, we tend to have more things and dominate the closets, drawers, etc. It's always important for us to keep our sides clean and clutter free as best we can. Especially if you are trying to attract a mate, leave some room in your closet for your potential mate. Not that they would move in, its the intention behind the energy.
6. Make a treasure map for love. This part is all about the law of attraction. You want to create a vision board, a painting, a visual representation of the love that you desire to place in your love and marriage corner. This is why I had my girls frame their love maps. To set intention and have glam decoration for their love corner. This way, you can look at this everyday and be reminded of the love that you truly desire.
In my book, Blissful Living, I tell stories of how I have helped several women create the love and relationships they want by setting up their home for love! I promise it works. When I help enhance the love corner for a client, they have been able to create the love they desire.
If you are in a relationship, bring home flowers for your loved one. Light candles, play music, make being a home special. You can do this if you are single, too and don't forget to make your love vision board. Intentionally creating a home of harmony is the best thing you can do for everyone, including yourself.
HAPPY LOVE DAY ANGELS!
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE