It's my birthday today. Woooooo! So, I'm going to talk about my favorite decor today. Chairs are to me what shoes are to most girls. I even have a Pinterest board all about it. I'm obsessed with good chairs and I believe, good chairs make a home great! I'm particular to vintage chairs that you get to make over, they usually have such great bones. In the home, one good statement chair can be just as spectacular as pair of perfectly pretty ones. I've rounded up a collection of 10 of my favorite chair looks that give major personality to a home.
The Balloon Chair: This chair is gorgeous, has height and is totally modern and whimsical. It provides you with a private little feeling for solitude but can also serve as the BEST way to stand out by sitting in it at a cocktail party. One word. STUNNER. & a Kelly Wearstler fave.
2. Vintage arm chairs: I love them in gold frames, obviously. Gold frames are always glamorous. These two pairs are perfect in the right settings. The gold gilding above for a more French situation, and the brass in a more modern setting. They will give your home that jeweled touch that takes everything up a notch of glamour.
3. The peacock chair: Of course, these are all about that bohemian glamour. I love the shape, size and the natural vibe.
4. The double pair vintage mix: This is a bold move but it works so so well. The black leather white trim French armchairs are the epitome of modern glamour, mixed right in with some vintage Platner metal chairs (you can find these on Ebay). Both are amazing, and when paired together make for eclectic glam.
5. Leopard chairs: Most people are afraid of leopard but the rest of us consider leopard a neutral, with flair. These vintage parsons chairs covered in leopard are the ultimate chair for a chic home. I've seen them a TON around the internet and I even still would love them.
6. The Eames chair: These just scream STYLE. Some people find them vintage and some find them at Design Within Reach. I even know a few upholster guys in NYC who make them for a cheap price. It's one of those 'status symbol' chairs, especially for modern masculine spaces.
7. The pair of wingback chairs: I love these chairs, they provide such style in addition to a very comfortable spot to sit. High backs and easy to rest on arms, they make the perfect, relaxing conversation spot.
8. Club chairs: I love this set of club chairs, the rounded back and arms i just super charming. You can mostly find these vintage and recover them in some seriously chic fabric like above. Very stylish.
9. Furry chairs: I love love love faux fur, so when I saw these brass and fur chairs, I fell hard. Faux fur is warm, chic and gives an instant cozy vibe to space. It makes things not feel so stuffy and cold. I especially love this one from Anthro.
10. The tufted chairs: Mine are tufted and beige linen with nailheads and are the most comfortable chairs I've ever had. I'm obsessed with them. You can get them here on OKL for 50% off.