1. Art always works for making a bookcase chic but I adore the idea of a lei and album covers, so cool.
2. One of my best friends has a home in LA with so much book storage but not enough books to fill it. So, I am very fond of similar colors and styles of pottery. Very sophisticated.
3. Items that are eclectic and look like you picked them up on your latest wanderlust adventure, these work so well. Here, elephants, turtle shells, maps and the like make a super chic ensemble.
4. I really love how this collection of bowls, vases, serving dishes and saucers in blue and white make a great artsy yet whimsical look. I think having your entertaining items on display is so effortless chic.
5. Or why not put regular old storage. I love the way these old granny yellow plates are stored and displayed as well as orange boxes. This is a great way to add some serious color that dominates the bookcase and makes it look pulled together.
images: 1-carolina herreras bookcase 2- elle decor 3- daydreams 4- jaime mears styling 5-unkown