1. This week (or week and a half, really) was one of my busiest, yet most fun because I got to spend quality time with some of my favorite people on earth. One of them being this beauty, Crystal, who is known for her fab online magazine, Rue. They had a launch party here in NYC at the Ankasa showroom and it was oh so much fun. The showroom is like my new obsession, such gorgeousness...
2. The next morning I went to the Luvocracy breakfast which was really amazing. I am obsessed with the site, so I recommend joining and see my favorite things to decorate with. This is perfect for clients. The best part of the day was getting to see some of my favorite other bloggers and decoristas celebrate the site too. (Pictured: Tamra, Kat, me + Katie Armour)
3. I also had the pleasure of attending a dinner hosted by Makers Mark for women who are "making their mark" on their industry. It was such an honor and had the most incredible swag bag....including red Chanel nail polish and a gold red lipstick.
4. The best part of my week was my little adventure to Spain. I went to Madrid for a little bit of work but a lot of pleasure and quality time with family. It was my first time to Madrid and it was absolutely incredible. The decor in this city was so rich and well done, and the decor shopping....Wow. This was our first little stop in the city, an adorable outdoor cafe. They were so stylish putting fur on their seats for warmth on the patio chairs. How could I have not stopped here?
5. One of our family dinners was at a restaurant called La Manuelo and the decor was smashing. Feather lights everywhere, gorgeous metallic chandeliers, pretty spanish tile on the floors, large stone walls, tribal necklaces for art. It didn't stop there, every corner was eye catching.
6. There was this incredibly famous store called, ocho, that was filled to the brim with the most incredible decor I have ever seen. Including a wall of golden sunburst mirrors. Took my breath away.
7. Of course the doors were so fantastic I took about 100 thousand photos of them. This emerald green one was my favorite.
8. The street signs were so cool. I love how in Europe they are on the buildings instead of the streets. I just could not get enough of them.
9. El Rastro. The flea market in Madrid. Oh my god. It might be the best flea market I have ever been to. It really was filled with the most amazing things I have ever seen, a little expensive but hey, it was filled with things I have never seen before. I wanted it all, especially these books, they were SO beautiful.
10. It was funny. My family doesn't speak much english, but by the end of the trip they were saying the funniest phrases in English, it really had me going...and this was one of them. The red chandelier in the background might have been my favorite vintage item I spotted. I wanted her, bad!