Hi Decorista readers! It's Camila from Effortless Style back to share another room you can recreate in your home on a budget. Today's room is one of my favorites from Martha Stewart Living. It's the most like my own design style in that it's a mix of traditional, modern and eclectic with a high dose of color!
1. The most important piece in this room is the large abstract piece of art. Original art can be expensive in any size, but here is a colorful piece in a 30" x 30" size for only $350.
2. A neutral sofa is a key to any living room. Keeping your sofa a neutral will enable you to switch up your room as many times that you want with accessories and paint colors. This $999 option even comes with nailhead trim detailing!
3. & 4. The most unique part of this room is that the coffee table is actual a cot with fabric covered baking sheets on top of it! They used a vintage cot, but here is a new one for $70. Use some $10 a yard chevron fabric to cover your baking sheets with this tutorial.
5.$499for an 8 x 10 rug is an amazing price point!
6. Let's pretty up the sofa with some pillow talk. The orange embroidered tile option is available for $99 including the feather insert. The green ikat option is only $22!
7. My DIY project in this room was one of the simplest. The cabinets to the left and right of the sofa are from IKEA. In order to give them a higher end look they added decorative radiator grates to them. Only $19for a 1ft by 2ft section.
I'm always looking for suggestions on different rooms to showcase. Email me at email@example.com with a room you would like to see recreated on a budget.