There is nothing I love more than spending the afternoon in a gorgeous cafe in a beautiful city. Sipping some bubbly or some delicious tea. Taking in the environment around me. Letting it fill my soul. When I walk into a spot decorated so beautifully, It inspires me. I can remember the very first time I knew deep in my heart that interior design was going to by my profession, it was because every time I walked into a place that captivated me, I would get chills. It mesmerized me and I would become obsessed.
Environments can do two things, they can fill you up or they can drain you. So, I highly recommend finding some places with a vibe that nourishes your spirit. Not only should your home do that for you, but where you spend your time should enhance your life too. It’s one of the fundamental core basics I teach in my workshops and in my books. Your surroundings will shape your life.
Because I love the color pink and because scientifically it is a color that pulls happiness and love out of you, I have rounded up some of my favorite spots that I am dying to visit that would light you right up. Even if you only see them in this post on your phone or computer, let’s just pretend we are there together, shall we?
LADY FINGER TEA LOUNGE - Boston. This gorgeous little tea room is a spot inside of the Garrison Inn located in historic downtown Newburyport, Massachusetts. Designed by Assembly Design Studio, I think my favorite part about it, aside from the pink walls, is the curated collection of feminine antique portrait oil paintings. Wouldn’t you just love to chat with girlfriends over tea in the sea of soft pink velvet? Oh and the gorgeous tea cups. Tea settings are my jam, if you haven’t lunched at the tea room in the Plaza Hotel, it is also a must do. Tea time feels so luxurious and blissful.
2. ELAN CAFE - London. One look at those gorgeous flower walls and you’re in feminine bliss. A pretty little coffee shop that will make all your insta-friends jealous. You can take an epic photo anywhere in this place. Oh, and rumor has it there is a ruby latte, which is a pink coffee. How fabulous is that?
3. The Swan Ladies Room at Annabel Mayfair nightclub - London. So, apparently anyone who is anyone is gossiping it up in the ladies room at this star studded nightclub in London. You haven’t lived if you haven’t rubbed elbows with someone fabulous in this bathroom. I am living for the rose quartz sink, countertop, and gold swan faucets.
4. The Gallery at Sketch - London. Clearly the UK gets it. Soft shades of pink must fill the city because I have never seen so many places in this gorgeous color. I’ve never been to London but perhaps like the ocean in Moana, ‘it calls me’. From the looks of it, its soothing, the lines just seem so organized and clean which is incredible Feng Shui, wondering if the food is incredible too.
5. Mama Kelly - Amsterdam. Not too far away sits this cabaret stage of a place to eat. It looks like you will be made to feel like a star on stage anywhere you sit, no? Apparently Mama is a pretty big deal and this dining experience is like nothing you have ever seen. I am willing to bet it feels femme and lovely too.
6. Morning Glory - San Diego. We’re bringing it back stateside here right on over to the West Coast. This chic AF little spots sits right in Little Italy. Can we just discuss the incredible pink sunburst chandelier ? Sorry but that’s probably the best thing I have seen in years. And they took the seating up a notch compared to all the London spots by round cylinder like upholstery backed booths. This is bananas. Also, the bathroom reminds me of something really 90’s and deco. The blush pink worm like light fixtures with brass swan sink faucets. Be still my beating blush pink heart.