Self love is just as important as romantic love on Valentine’s Day. In order for us to truly receive love from others, we have to properly prepare ourselves by loving ourself first. A beautiful way to do that is to make your own Valentine’s Day tradition or ritual. Something special for just you.
1. Treat yourself to something luxurious. Perhaps a new pair of pajamas, a new candle or beautiful floral robe you have had your eye on.
2. Look up a hobby or activity that you have been interested in and look into doing it. Do your research, gather your supplies, get inspiration.
3. Call a friend and schedule a get together. It can be as simple as grabbing a drink at a new bar in town, meeting at your favorite local coffee shop, going for a walk in your neighborhood, or even finding a fun activity to do together (art class, concert, lecture, etc).
4. Try a new wellness trend like essential oils or crystals. Learn more about how they work or were to place them in the home. I love crystals at home so much. I also love oils, I like citrus blends in the morning, to invigorate me and I wear lavender on me to fall asleep.
5. Get some blush bedding for you and your sweetheart to sleep on. They are oh so romantic and really good glam shui.
6. Book yourself a facial or massage at your favorite spa. Try and choose a package that feels like an upgrade for you. This is a way to really make it special. Indulge in solo time at the spa having yourself pampered.
7. Attend a fun galentine’s event in your city. Meet new people, talk about the new things you are interested in.
8. Create yourself a beautiful flower arrangement. Go beyond the traditional dozen roses, get creative and make it unique and special. I especially love to add eucalyptus leaves for extra dimension.
9. Try a new exercise class that makes you feel good. I loved the first time I tried Soul Cycle or Orange Theory Fitness. It’s a cool way to meet new people, challenge yourself and gain some feel good confidence.
10. Create a new ritual at home. Rituals really help us to connect to our spaces, so make it personal and beautiful. Check out my new shop Blissful Living Co for more ideas.
11. Wear red. In Feng Shui, wearing red is a magnetic attractor, it amplifies your energy. Perhaps you could try wearing a bold red lip or just go shopping for the lipstick. See how that feels.
title image via @analouisalongley