When I began forming the idea for this series on the blog, I was enveloped by the amount of design out there on Instagram. Back in the blog days, I never had so much good design to tear through. Now I can just go to one app and see so much of it. I love the ability to save the photos in collections for my design research. I'll be sharing more of what I love on the blog for you.
One thing I have noticed is that the black trend hasn't gone anywhere as most people suspected. Black is only getting better. Here are 5 rooms I have just absolutely loved and why. . .
1. This soft pink with black accents bathroom nearly gave me heart palpitations. I want this bathroom!!! I just can imagine how much fun this would be to have in a house and my mind was going crazy with what I would do for the artwork. Design by Jessie D. Miller.
2. Bedrooms really are one of the most fun rooms for black, because it just creates that hotel like quality of coziness. I love that this room has just the back accent wall painted in black, perfect for anyone with some hesitation around using black. With all of the brighter accents in this room, it still feels bright and fun. I also adore this pop of ultra violet. Design by Grey Hunt Interiors.
3. If you don't follow @lenaterlutter on instagram, you totally should. I just love her style. This black accent wall makes all the metallics really pop and feel so glamorous while still not feeling too over the top. I so want this room in my life.
4. Layering black accents in a white room is always a good way to go, you really never can go wrong with adding some black. There is a masculine and feminine feel to the room which is approachable living for everyone with some serious style. Design by Crystal Sinclair.
5. This isn't really a room, it's the most darling corner of a room that I have fallen in love with. The small black accent wall is such a great look for a wall inset like this. What a clever way to capitalize on the character of a space. I am also in love with the aqua color window panel, just swagged off to the corner. So romantic and charming. Via @parisa_siber