For me 2018 is going to be more about simplicity even thought I am a maximalist at heart. I'm just ready to focus and refine so I can welcome in clarity for other things in life. While I have been pairing down my moon in interiors and design, I have ramped up my creativity and spent more time doing creative things. Which I am absolutely loving. One of which is pouring over more magazines, books and the like for interior inspiration. Here are 5 rooms that I just love and why I can't stop thinking about them. P.S. You'll notice there is a common thread throughout these spaces, the soft and minimal color palettes.
1. Something about natural light makes my heart beat, I am pretty sure that goes for everyone. It's just a must have for any home of mine. I also love the walls with hidden storage. What a genius idea that is for high rise living. The clear coffee table and the gorgeous antique mirror are making the most of the natural light and adding so much more space to the room. I would live here in a heartbeat. Interior design by Crystal Sinclair Designs. Image via instagram
2. Another Crystal Sinclair Design masterpiece is this gorgeous modern bedroom with a rustic bohemian feel. I love the color palette and the low bed with a tassel throw blanket to add some pretty texture. The branches in the corner add a little something too. I've also always secretly loved the barn door vibe. I just think this space is so sweet.
3. I am super big on good bedside style. It's as important as any other vignette in any space. Something about this simple yet modern look is everything a chic bedroom needs. It's a paired down color palette which I love but it isn't boring, it is just chic and simple. The wild lip artwork pulls it all together in a very hip yet elegant way. Interior Design by Amanda Paige Interiors
4. I have zero idea who designed this space but when I spotted it on a random instagram interiors page, I died. It's a little more mod than I prefer but something about the way this room is laid out, I really enjoy. It's like a modern beach house vibe with the natural woods all mixed together and mid century furniture. Not sure if I am leaning more towards this style or if I want to pull elements from a space like this. For instance, really good art and mixed beachy wood.
5. I spotted this space on one of my favorite Instagrammers @janicejoostema's page. The amazing beach wood flooring and light grey walls just absolutely stole my heart. Mixed right in is a canopy bed with art deco mirrored night stands. Oh, and that chandelier. How can I not be obsessed with this space???