This last week I moved into my new home. Moving is never easy and this one was particularly bittersweet because I have been so in love with my beautiful space I call Villa Noir. This weeks 10 things post I wanted to share my absolute 10 favorite things I experienced while living in this gorgeous space.
1. Black Walls. I often get asked what the color of my walls are and I love to answer. Caviar by Sherwin Williams. I wanted a luxurious feel like a chic boutique hotel and the name 'caviar' felt like it just fit the vibe.
2. A proper vanity area. I think this might have been my favorite corner of my condo. Having a place to pretty myself, meditate, journal and spend time in peace. It's priceless. My vanity space felt very glamorous and perfect for me. Here is a little breakdown of the look:
I started the space with this mirrored vanity that I had from a previous space. I had my eye on this one too. I decided to use an acrylic ghost chair because anything clear takes up less visual space which I like. They tend to not be the most comfortable chair so this pillow made it plush and cozy. I found this gold French mirror at an antique mart, you can grab one like it here, I like the Parisian flair it has. Then some fun storage accessories and voila, a beautiful vanity area.
3. My bedroom. The vanity sat in the far corner of my bedroom and I absolutely loved this room. Dark, cozy and quiet. I loved having my family over and all of us watching movies in the bedroom.
4. Designing spaces literally is my obsession. Which is why I do what I do. Here was my mood board for Villa Noir. What I loved was that I had complete control over the palette and I let myself run with the vibe that I felt was right for me. Everyone had opinions about painting my walls all black but I stayed true to my desires and it turned out to be the most magical space.
5. Quite possibly one of my favorite things about Villa Noir was that it inspired me to write my book, Blissful Living. This was the first time I really let myself set up my home to the fullest. I really allowed myself to create the space of my dreams. Once I did that, I felt blissful and balanced and full of creative ideas. This is why I coach with Decor Therapy. When you uplevel your space, make it the best you can possibly do, things in your life will transform for the better.
6. My office nook. Every morning I'd sip my coffee here and let inspiration flow through me. I couldn't have asked for a more fun or motivating home office. Black and gold. Just how I like it.
7. Before I found my coffee table, I used my black velvet tufted bench as a coffee table and I truly loved it. As much as I love a coffee table for styling and such, having something soft to put your feet on just makes a room feel so luxurious. I have to admit, I kind of miss this.
8. My favorite item in my home is my golden buddha. You can read the story about it here.
9. My black moroccan style rug. It is quite possibly the most plush, comfortable rug by far I have ever experienced. It's discontinued now, unfortunately so I really treasure it!
10. The awesome art I had commissioned looked so awesome in my dining room, I just wish I could capture this look forever.