There is something very enchanting about blue. Blue is the color that can help you become a well rested, radiant and beautiful you! It makes me think of luxuriating by water, gazing out into the ocean blue water and it also reminds me of my most favorite vacation to the Amalfi coast. As we approach the hottest of Summer days, all I can think about is wanting to repaint my walls in a sea of blue. Because who doesn't want to feel calmed, relaxed and well rested at home? They say that blue is like a glass of red wine for your home.
"Blue is the color of heaven, distance, and water, it is usually experienced as transparent, pure, immaterial, and cool. In addition, blue is the color of the divine, of truth, and of fidelity"
1. Dark blues promote & enhance sleep. When I was in high school, I begged to paint my room a deep & dark blue. I loved the way that felt to me. I always felt like it was a creative haven and my own little cocoon. I always felt like I got plenty of good sleep and woke up excited to begin my days.
2. Electric blue will enhance creativity. If you are going to use blue in an office, you want it light and bright, much like the Carrie Bradshaw inspired office I designed for Scout. If its too calming of a vibe, you may not be able to keep your energy high. Electric Blue by Benjamin Moore is my fave.
Blue office Tilton Fenwick
3. Blue & white porcelain can be used as wealth attractors. In historical Feng Shui, the wealth vase is one of the oldest feng shui abundance cures. In fact, it is considered an ancient cure brought to China from India many centuries ago using blue & white ginger jars. The wealth vase is used as an abundance cure to help you attract and strengthen the flow of wealth and prosperity energy in your home. Learn more in decorating for abundance workshop.
4. Blue is healthy for you. Isn't it interesting that blue is said to decrease your appetite. Some people will say that when going for weight loss, its best to eat off of a blue plate. It's also a color that decreases blood pressure & body temperature. I think blue is an awesome color in a kitchen.
5. Paint an accent wall. If you really want to get some of the calmness but don't want to commit to an entire room, paint an accent wall. See two examples below.