1. I don't know about you but 2017 has been such a fun year so far. I am so excited for the rest of this year for what I am creating. For so long, I have wanted to create videos for this blog. Video is just a great way to communicate to the world, especially right now within the social media space. I resisted the urge for so long. I was hesitant because I don't really love to see myself in video, my voice, how many times I say like or um. I just didn't feel that video was for me. I think that really was just a fear of visibility, a fear of being truly seen and opening myself up for that judgement. For 2017, I decided to walk right into my fear and its been such a blast doing it.
I'm loving making fun videos for you guys, so if you're into it, visit my YouTube page and subscribe. Also, if you want to see any content, let me know and I'll try to make it happen.
2. I have such a love and joy to share and inspire people. I always have. I get such a high from connection with people, from enriching and empowering conversations. I can remember back to my first year in NYC and I was just starting out in my career. I've always felt a strong connection to God and my spirit, I always pray for signs. I was feeling down and defeated, far away from my family and wondering if I was making the right choices. I stumbled upon this Faith sign, in the same font as the New York Times. For me, it was a reminder that holding faith, even the size of a mustard seed is all you need to see your dreams to come to pass. I brought it out the other day and it still brings me such motivation.
3. I can remember when I first got the nudge inside my spirit to write a book. A book for my girls, to motivate and inspire them to decorate for bliss and a life of success. It was my dream to write something that would inspire women around the world. So, its been so exciting for me to see how my girls are using Blissful Living.
How cool that my book was in Lonny Magazine, in this awesome feature on a high rise in Austin!
4. I love that Adriel Enterprises included Blissful Living in her gift guide for the girl boss. It's geared for success in all areas of your life, especially work and your finances. So glad she felt the inspiration.
5. This is such a special story for me and because it's Valentine's Day weekend, I felt it would be appropriate to share. This photo is by Tricia. Her sweet fiance' reached out to me, ordered her a copy of my book and told me how they read my blog together. He wanted to make this gift for her very special. HOW ROMANTIC IS THAT?!?!?!?
6. Speaking of romance. It's Valentine's Day and I want to remind you to give to yourself first. Then you can give the best of your love to others. This is one of my favorite illustrations from my book, Blissful Living. Take a long and luxurious bubble bath with detox salts this weekend, to prepare for amazing love all week. My illustrator Wenna Prive is just too good, no?
7. My sweet friend @bewellwitharielle shot this sweet little moment of her reading my book. Loved it.
8. If you saw my post yesterday, then you know this weekend, I urged you all to set up a self love station. Here is a snap of my girl, Chrissy's beautiful space she created. Isn't it just so beautiful? I love it because she doesn't have a proper vanity, she used what she had, set the intention of making a beautiful self love space. It's not always about being perfect, its about doing things intentionally and then you will align with feeling your best and radiating confidence.
9. By the way, if you have an Alice and Olivia boutique in your city, go check it out. The wild and chic decor is super fun and inspiring.
10. Stay inspired my beauties! xoxo