1. I have to say, it has been quite an incredible week. I am still just beyond enamored by the emails and feedback that poured in from ISTA MAGAZINE. It has always been sitting deep inside my heart to create something that connects to my heart and soul. It's pretty amazing what happens when you step outside of your comfort zone. I was so afraid to push publish and let people in to my personal world. It's something that feels incredibly vulnerable but at the same time absolutely thrilling.
I wanted to go with this shoot for my cover photo because its totally the vibe of the issue. Being yourself in a place where you feel so different. Austin, Texas is my hometown and my heart, yet sometimes I feel so out of place because of my affections for my NYC glamour and sparkle. This shoot produced by the team @homeontherunway really did a fantastic job capturing that essence. So, I knew it could perfectly depict that sense of being true to yourself despite your surroundings. I've just been glowing from the feels all week.
2. I don't know about you but I am already ready for Fall. I have had my eyes on getting another pair of over the knee boots this season. I am completely obsessed with the Yeezy Season 2 open toed boots. I'm actually pretty obsessed with the whole collection for women. I love the colors, dark green is one of my staples in my closet.
3. My affections for black and gold are always on. How fabulous is this black and gold credenza custom made for my client by The CEH based in Dallas. I have used them for a few clients now and I will say, they do an absolutely fantastic job.
4. My post on bar carts yesterday really highlighted my love for black and gold. As per usual. The gold bar cart is just such a chic and staple piece that should be in everyone's home. Even if you aren't a drinker or a big entertainer, there are still ways you can use this piece to highlight your style and sensibilities. For my fab entrepreneuresses, you can certainly transform your bar cart into a traveling office for yourself. Especially if you work from home and want to bring out files then hide them away or move them about with your laptop. I absolutely love this idea and probably will do another post on how great they can be for office storage. This pic via @JWSinteriors
SHOP THE LOOK:
5. I am not really one for patterned bedding. It's just not my style. However, I received this lovely Martha Stewart grey and white striped sheets and I am kinda loving them. Stripes are a nice change for a good summertime bed look. It's a pattern yet not too busy for those lazy and relaxing Summer mornings in bed.
6. In our family home, the zebra stair runner is just so amazingly good. I had to capture the early morning moment when I spotted this little wine cork who fell his way to the floor. There is nothing more beautiful than natural morning light.
7. Orange roses are everything!!!! I can't get enough.
8. I am so inspired by this book right now. I have looked at it 3 times this week. Did you see my post on Greg Natale and his new furniture collection? It's really so good and inspiring me so much right now.
9. Okay so the Nordstrom Anniversary sale opens today to the public. If you haven't already, get yourself over to score all the goodness. I am telling you this is hands down the best sale of the year.
10. This quote is just so fitting to me right now. Especially with the launch of my personal e-zine. It took a lot for me to gain the confidence to publish it, give my time to a venture outside of my expertise, push myself to write more, create more, etc. It's just what my soul wanted to do, I couldn't help it. I encourage you to try that too, is there something you want to do but haven't done it? Remember these words "if you never try, you'll never know".
Have a fabulous weekend. Xo