I remember fondly my time in Paris. I was so inspired by each and every door I passed. Each one was so unique with intricate moldings, bold colors and exquisite hardware. Ever since then I have always paid attention to the details of doors in a home. I have also come to believe that doors require proper attention and style. When a door in a home is bare, its lifeless. Adding some attention and style to a door can do so much for your home.
I've put together a collection of 8 door styles I am inspired by and I encourage you to see if any of them speak to you and the style of your home.
1. (see photo above) Molding + mirrors. I absolutely love the unique look of these doors with an antiqued mirrored look with beautifully chalk painted molding surrounding. It's so European and it just oozes history and richness.
2. Lacquer + hardware! I am absolutely smitten with this marsala door. Totally on trend right now because its the color of the year and more importantly the hardware on the door is STUNNING! If you want a really good lacquer door, pick any color paint + use this lacquer spray to finish it off.
3. Sliding barn door. I have been wanting to use these doors in a project lately. I love what the look of this kind of door gives. Something totally different and unique. I really like the rustic look pictured above, but I found this one to be more up my alley.
4. Woodwork. I really love this traditional look. You can always have some decorative woodwork added to your interior doors to really polish your space. It pulls the entire room up to another level. Learn more about how to DIY molding + woodwork here.
5. French doors. There is something about painting interior doors black. I just want to start with that. It adds the high style factor to a home, instantly! I enjoy how this set of french doors in black ads an airy feeling to the beautiful entryway, allowing more light to flow through the space. This has great energy.
Here is another look at black french doors in an entryway. I like how these are tricked out with crystal door knobs.
6. Wood. Now, this is an exterior door but I really like the way the wood looks against the white interior. I wouldn't hate if the interior doors were like this too. Super clean and modern and lends to the whole zen vibe going on.
7. Window pane. For a slightly updated and modern version of the french door, we have here a window pane style door. I absolutely love this for the shower here. This adds like a cool hip, hotel vibe to this bathroom.
I also like the look for an office or study like this...
8. Pocket doors. I also love the look of pocket doors with beautiful molding + glass. It can add something super special to your space. I love this about older homes, they sometimes will just be already built in. If your home has pocket doors, but the look is a little boring you can add a dash of color for a fun surprise.
Chic, no? Hope these doors inspire you like they have me.