Over the Thanksgiving holiday I attended and threw some really fun house parties. This week, because the hostesses were so much fun, I wanted to gift these gals with some fabulous entertaining accoutrements. What's a better Christmas gift or party gift than a fun little trinket they could actually use next time they throw a little soiree?
Here are a few little gifts with that midas touch. . .
1. Gold Polka dotted shaker by Kate Spade 2. Break the Ice gold cooler bag 3. Astoria quartz golden trays 4. Gold and white striped coffee mug 5. Crystal and gold bottle stopper 6. What's a Hostess to do book 7. Stemless champagne flutes
1. You always want to have 3 essential bottles in your kitchen. A bottle of champagne, white wine and red wine. One of those 3 will always get the party going.
2. I think its always important to keep your guest bathroom stocked with elegant details like monogrammed hand towels and beautiful hand soaps. I always stock up on Anthro soaps, they always smell delicious.
4. Keep a cheese or two on hand. Every fabulous hostess should know how to build a proper cheese plate for your guest to munch on.
5. Make sure your nails are clean and polished. You will be serving drinks and food, having a pretty hand will keep guests feeling taken care of and you will look fabulous to boot.
6. Keep a few beautiful jars full of candy and mixed nuts. I love to fill delicious snacks in the apothecary style jars from PB.
7. Play mood music but keep it turned down to a low level like background music. Music always helps people feel more comfortable.
8. Dress your dining table. Always have your dining table styled up with some flowers and pretty plates. Even if you aren't going to eat at the table, a beautifully set table will make your guests feel like they are in a fabulously styled home. Here are some fun ideas.
9. Keep a fun game on hand. My favorite game right now is Cards of Humanity. It's always good for some real deep belly laughs.
10. Send your guests home with a pre written thank you note. It's an unexpected gesture but always makes people smile! Check out a few of my favorites.