Who: Karen Young
Where: Brooklyn, NY
What: the fabulous + creative woman behind Hammocks + High Tea
I just think this girl has the juiciest, most creative eye and her products are adorable! Enjoy her secrets to domestic bliss...
1. I love the warmth and density of wood pieces. Anything that is a little unfinished and reminiscent of it's origin is one of my favorite ways to bring nature inside.
2. Scarves and lightweight throws go with me from room to room. Even on summer nights I will find a reason to drape one across my feet, my newest love of hammam towels.
3. I often treat myself to farmers market flowers on the weekends. I have a major case of "black thumb", but I've gotten pretty good at keeping flowers alive. I buy two or three bunches, display them throughout the house in a few large groups and put the rest in bud vases.
4. As a renter, I rely on textiles to make my home warm and inviting. There is nothing like falling into some soft pillows, or tucking my chin under a warm blanket. And bright, bold colors and patterns make all the difference.
6. Family pictures make every house a home to me.