I love holidays (any excuse to decorate and I am on board) and Cino de Mayo is no exception. It's all about mexican food, drink and decorations. I am a sucker for Mexican Food so I love learning new recipes and finding new decorations for fun and festive get-togethers.
Why not try some colorful mexican themed banners, fun colorful flowers + tablecloths?
Want to learn how to make tissue flowers like these?
Check out a step by step DIY here.
or check out how to make these here.
On the menu for my fiesta...Out of this world SHRIMP TACOS (my fave!)
This recipe is from Real Simple (where I get most of my recipes)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 limes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 to 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- bottled green tomatillo salsa
- Whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, and cumin. Set aside.
- Skewer the shrimp. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand.) In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic.
- Preheat a gas grill to high; adjust to medium after 15 minutes. (If cooking over charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with gray ash.)
- Brush the skewered shrimp with the garlic butter. Place them on the grill with the limes. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned. Remove from grill. Lightly salt the shrimp.
- Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then place inside a paper bag to keep warm.
- To serve, pull the shrimp off the skewers and divide them evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatillo salsa, and a spritz of grilled lime.
- This is the method i use: Broil the shrimp and limes about 4 inches from the heat using the Total Times above. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes, or wrap them in a napkin and microwave for 3 minutes
Trust me...it is absolutely DE-LISH!
images courtesy of...