1. Something I'm always reminded of when working with my clients, is that if you want to live in a beautiful home and lead a beautiful life, it begins within you. Beyond just deciding what colors to decorate with or what furniture to purchase, it's important to check in with yourself and get clear on what truly moves and inspires you. Your desires, experiences and emotions all guide you in the right direction. I love working with my clients to really find what it is thats meant for their best life. So much goes into being a designer, its a whole lot more than it seems. I recently read a quote that says "Doctors save lives by constructing a healthy life, designers save lives by constructing a life worth living". Amen.
3. I'm enjoying the black and white on my zebra pillows and how fabulous it looks on my sofa + black walls.
4. How awesome is this fabulous rug named after yours truly?
5. I've been working with a few clients on creating the ultimate personal sanctuaries through decor therapy. Living in a space that soothes the soul, inspires and encourage meditation time and making room for morning yoga stretches. Loving the way this color gray turned out.
6. Loving this little window area.
7. I had been underestimating just how useful trunks can be. I love them stacked and used as a side table. Very masculine chic.
8. I love the way black makes color really pop vibrantly. This chic nook at Cafe Medici in Austin has done a fabulous job at curating the bookcase. Keeping them color coded made the whole thing look polished and chic. I encourage you to pay attention to how you stack your books, color coding makes all the difference.
9. We just got done photographing this high rise I designed and I still can't get over how glam it is. This Ralph Lauren shagreen wallpaper is absolutely divine.
10. Think on this over the weekend and if there is any de-cluttering you need to do, do it! Need some help? Take the 30 day workshop here.