Man, I am feeling so good. I can't tell you how much I just live for Fall. I've never been a huge Summer lover, the hot weather at the end of Summer always drains me. I love cooler air and the freshness that the season brings. Doesn't it always feels like you get a fresh start at almost everything when Fall comes around?
Being an entrepreneuress, I feel like I have a never ending workday. Sometimes I sit at my desk until midnight coming up with new schemes and ideas. My work seems to pile up but the Fall weather just makes this so much easier with the earlier nights, ability to finally light the fireplace and drink hot tea. There is something about those delights that just make me so happy and brings an ease to my work load.
I often like to read at night, when not watching Netflix and right now I am so into Damages. I just can't stop. In one of the articles, I came across this cute little graphic and it just struck me in such a way that I had to stop and really re-think about how I spend my time. I decided to print this baby out and frame it right in front of me on my desk in a glam little frame.
This sweet little graphic absolutely rocked my world. It got me to get up the other morning and get ready for a kick a** BACK TO SCHOOL season! After I completed my new morning routine, I felt such an air of confidence around the rest of my work day. I just felt an all over eagerness for a new way of working. A few of these really stuck out to me and I will list them for you so if you want, you can try them too.
1. LET GO OF PERFECTIONISM: I sometimes can be a little OCD, like if I mess up a word when I'm writing my TO DO list, I will tear out the page and do it again. In my planner, when things start looking a little too messy, I get myself an entire new calendar. A little dramatic I know but its just how I roll. Then I thought about this idea of "perfectionism" and I just decided, I am letting it go. Which got me on a roll pinteresting images from the planner community and I am not the only one with a sort of scribbly planner. I am obsessed with my planner, you can get one like mine here. I got my LV planner pre-loved, they didn't have any in stock at the time. These are HOT items. I think if I sold mine now, I could get more than I paid for it. Just saying, its a good investment for sure.
LESSON: Get yourself a rockin' planner that inspires you, schedule out your days so you feel on TOP of your game, become obsessed with @gritandglamour LV agenda collection like I am and LET GO of the need for it to be perfect or look the way you think its supposed to.
2. PURGE YOUR BELONGINGS: Okay, so I have this thing with pens. I've been obsessed with school supplies since I was like 5 years old. I absolutely love colored pens, gel pens, sharpees, highlighters, etc. I think I had about 35 pens sitting on my desk in a pretty little vintage cup. I tossed them. All of them. Almost, except for the pretty colored ones, I just can't lose those babies. Once I did that, I kept going. Business cards that I have held onto for so long just incase, tossed em. I even threw out some of my favorite magazines. With each tossed item, I kind of garnered this sense of power and strength, like I could literally do anything. I don't know what it is for me, I can clear out the clutter of my home but of my business, I tend to hold onto a LOT. I never realized this before but once I threw the pens out, a whole world opened up for me. I GET TO BUY NEW PENS. This time, they are all going to match and look so chic. I just felt so revived and refreshed. Excited for my new school/work supply shopping.
LESSON: Curate your supply wardrobe like you would your closet. Make it chic so you get that burst of excitement you've been needing.
3. MOVE CLOSER TO WHERE YOU WANT TO BE: Let's get real ladies, where do you want to be? Who would you be if you were being your best self? Are you doing it? If not, now is the time to create the vision of who you want to be! The thing we have to do is get on the BE, DO, HAVE method. You've got to act like you already have what it is that you want to HAVE. Here's an example. If you want to HAVE a dancers body, you have to first BECOME who you need to be for that dancers body. In order to BE, you have to DO. You do the things that it takes to BE a woman who has a dancers body. You take dance classes like crazy. You become friends with other girls who love dance and are on that same path. You watch dance documentaries and shop at dancers clothing shops, etc. You live and breathe dancers body. IS THIS MAKING SENSE TO YOU? Insert whatever it is that you want to have and take the necessary steps.
LESSON: Here is ONE way to stay focused on your particular goal. Make a new vision board of where and who you want to be. Paint the picture for yourself, put it up by your desk to keep you inspired and on your path!
4. WEAR MINIMALIST CLOTHES: Being a New Yorker, you get really used to wearing black and keeping things clean and simple. That's how the most successful do it. When you streamline a chic wardrobe down to a capsule collection of your most favorite things for Fall, you aren't spending money all over the place for the moments when you don't know what to wear. If you need, hire a stylist or read this article on creating a capsule wardrobe. I'm currently curating mine now and I have got to tell you, I can't wait to set up my situation.
LESSON: Stick to the basics and splurge on a few of your dream items. Get your capsule wardrobe together and plan your Fall outfits ASAP! Then show it off for Instagram and you will be feeling so good about yourself.
5. RUN SLOWLY, YOU'LL GET THERE FASTER: Well, I don't really encourage running slowly or even running at all but what I did take from this was to slow down at everything. With the TO DO lists for Fall slowly getting longer and longer it can really seem like we are moving on all cylinders. What happens when we do things super fast (especially when Mercury is in retrograde like it is right now), we tend to miss things like deadlines, missed emails, wrong numbers, etc. For me, playing relaxing music helps me while I work. Remember to focus on slowing down and breathing. Connect with yourself and intuition and give each and every task 100 percent focus. Don't eat and work.
LESSON: Do things slowly and intentionally. You'll get them done right the first time around and you will be feeling like a BOSS!
images via: @thedesignco | @gritandglamour | Tumblr