1. My hairdresser happens to be one of my besties. How lucky am I? He has been cutting my hair for forever and I've learned so much about how to keep your hair healthy and fresh looking. Yes, I was blessed with strong Latina hair but I've worked very hard and keeping it healthy, long and shiny. For starters, I never fail to take Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins every day. I only wash my hair every 3-4 days, I use this dry shampoo in between. For me washing totally dries out my hair. I give myself a full blowout with a big round brush. I never brush it, I only comb through it during the blow dry. I started to sleep on my silk pillow and I swear I wake up with no frizz hair. I love it.
2. Now that Grace and Frankie season 2 is out, I've been binge watching it. I just wish I could live in their beach house and hear the ocean waves crash while sipping my morning coffee. In the meantime, I found these art prints that would make me feel a little better about not living on the water.
3. I got my new business cards in and I am in LOVE! They are like a soft black velvet with gold foil. Moo.com totally stepped their game up.
4. It was a big wallpaper week for my clients. This client got the black and gold Kelly Wearstler Crescent wallpaper in their powder room and it looks SO SO GOOD!
5. In my Austin clients condo, we put up this amazing grey shagreen wallpaper that just looks so luxe in the master bedroom. I am beyond obsessed with it. In person, its so pretty and textured.
6. I had a few new client consultations this week. I loved this one because these chairs are the only thing in the loft. I mean, talk about fabulous.
7. Our family business Antica Collection opened up our new boutique in Rice Village. Check it out if you are in the area.
8. A few months ago I ordered a coffee in the Starbucks drive-thru. When I pulled up they told me that the woman in front of me paid for my coffee. I was absolutely in shock and it totally made my day. It made me feel so good almost like I had a small connection and bonding moment with someone I didn't even know. She pulled away with no recognition at all, she just drove off with a smile on her face. I thought about it for a second and realized how fabulous that must have been for her. That feeling of giving. Sometimes it can feel so much better than receiving. This totally inspired me. From that day on, every time I go through the Starbucks drive-thru, I pay for the person behind me. It's my little way of giving back, paying it forward, tithing or whatever you care to call it. It's just my thing. Just yesterday, it happened to me again! Someone paid for my coffee! It was SO COOL to see it come around at a completely different Starbucks in a totally different city. It's like a silent little community of giving and love that I get to be a part of. I totally encourage you to join the fun.
9. I love music. I am one of those who plays an album or song over and over until I am tired of it and then I move on. I can just fall in love with songs and they move me. I've been listening to the new Drake album, Views. There is a line in one of the songs that says ". . .don't worry about fitting in when you're custom made." I don't know why but I totally love this line. Just a little reminder that we are custom made. Each of us with our own unique personalities and interests, quirks and scars, finely shaped like a custom tailored suit. It's so inspiring to remember how magical we really are. . .and how magical others are too. I love my beautiful baby sister for so many reasons, especially her purple streak in her hair that she wears with pride because she has such a cool and bold edge to her. She's my little unicorn.
10. Need I say more?