1. It's no secret that I absolutely love CHANEL. The branding, the bags, the clothes, the perfume. Everything about it. This year, I got the sweetest gift from my Instagram fave @adailydoseoffab , this cute little Mickey Mouse baseball tee and I have been wearing it to death.
I also get so many questions about my awesome gold python mirror. It wasn't actually made like this. My sweet friend Jen, gifted me some wrapping paper a few years ago. At the time, my neighbor was giving away this mirror and I quickly grabbed it up and put it to good use. I covered the mirror with glue and that glam python paper. It's hands down my favorite mirror and anyone who sees it loves it too. I've had it now for years and its still my favorite.
2. Speaking of Chanel, I am always saying how important it is to keep a home office that inspires you. Especially with the art on the walls. I decided to frame one of my bags from Chanel and put above my desk. Mostly because the branding inspires me so much. When you shop at Chanel, you experience a level of excellence, glamour, customer service and packaging that is just unparalleled. Seeing this everyday will serve as a symbol to me to give my best to the work that I do. A commitment to go 100%.
3. Did you get to see the Super Moon this week? It was so absolutely gorgeous and the perfect time to let my crystals charge under the moonlight. I love crystals and gems in the home, here is a peek at my sweet little collection.
4. I also felt that this week was the perfect time to bring some green into my place. This gorgeous white birds of paradise plant was sitting all alone in Home Depot, so I had to bring her home. I love emerald green with black and white. Trader Joe's also has some fabulous succulents for 5$ so I brought this small beauty home and she fits perfectly on top of my books. Now I am thinking I want to go back and get some more.
I've gotten a lot of flack for this gold Buddha head in my living room. Apparently it is disrespectful to Christians and Buddhists to have a decapitated head as a symbol. For anyone who is offended, I do apologize. I am not a Buddhist, so I don't really know the rules. I found this gold statue at an antique shop and I fell madly in love with it. He just has this peaceful and happy expression. After I left the store, I kept thinking about the statue and went back to the store 3 times over the course of a year. When something like that touches you like that and it brings you joy and you love it, why shouldn't it be in your home? I am not one to live by negativity or limiting beliefs, I like to find the gold in everything and see its beauty. That's just me.
5. Which is why I decided to write my new book, Blissful Living, which is all about designing a home and life you love. Surrounding yourself with decor that feels glamorous and luxurious, at your budget. Eliminating the negativity and anything that drains you, creating a plan for up-leveling your environment. How to decorate your space to attract more money, confidence and love! I am sending out a few signed copies with a gift when you pre-order yours here. I think there are a few left.
6. In the book, I talk about how to create a master plan for your home and each room. This way as you shop, you can collect the right things to create the mood you want to create. Years ago, I made a vision board of my dream bedroom. So I knew exactly how to create what I wanted in my bedroom at Villa Noir. I had always wanted a leopard rug like this for my bedroom and I finally took the leap. Things began to align perfectly for this space because I had a set vision in mind.
SHOP MY BEDROOM:
7. I also teach you how creating a personal color palette is essential for designing a home smart. Sometimes I find that people buy things just to buy because its on sale, etc. Then they wonder why they can't seem to have the space feel pulled together. So, I will show you how and why creating a personal color palette will ensure that you design your space efficiently, without making those rookie mistakes.
8. I am also excited to tell you that my book has some beautiful photos and illustrations by my fellow Texan, Wenna Prive. She is so glam and so fab.
9. If you haven't already, make sure to read the Winter Issue of ISTA magazine.
10. In the book, I refer to your home as your soul. This sums it up perfectly.