1. I had what feels like the longest week ever. Started the week in NYC and finished it off with a massive family gathering I am barely recovering from. I've got a big, crazy family and after all of that I just want to take a nice long nap, for a week! Right in this bedroom. I'm totally digging these vibes right now. Feminine lavender tufted headboard mixed with marble and metal, lots of furry surfaces and a blinged out skull pillow with glittery artwork. Very stylish and very me.
2. The start of the week was pretty magical. New York was snowy, which I actually kind of enjoy. It's just bitter cold, but something about it makes me happy. Especially when you can escape the snow in a place like The Plaza Hotel inside the palm room and sip champagne, during a business meeting. It was kind of magical.
3. The weather did let up a little bit and I enjoyed views of the city from the W hotel in Hoboken to check out its design. Loved these blue glass chandeliers in the windows.
4. I had a meeting with TJ Maxx + Marshalls, to preview the upcoming Spring collections. Let me tell you, they have taken on an entire other level of home decor and accessories. The new furniture was killing me. I especially loved this pale pink and white lace tablescape. Might do this for Valentines Day.
5. I have fallen for Cara Alwill Leyba's book colletion. Fearless + Fabulous was such a good read and I totally recommend it for a wonderful weekend reading session. She is sure to spark something in you! It especially looks good with heels.
5. When I finally got back to my casa, I was so inspired I wanted to start a whole new month of energy AND focus. I decided to do a 6 month vision board for my self love and empowerment. It's important to me to always be learning and growing. Here is my vision board I put in a beautiful antique style frame from Marshalls. It sits in my bathroom right by my sink so every morning I can focus on it.
6. I have also adopted the art of journaling every morning for 5 minutes. I write down what I am grateful for and just let the pen flow. It's a proven tip for success and happiness and it actually works. Even though some sad things happened this week, I was able to stay pretty positive and sane AND excited for whats new. It's kind of now my little secret weapon. Sadness, anxiety? Journal it out.
7. The weather in Dallas right now is majorly amazing. Sunshine and a cool breeze. I love it. My sister and I took some reading material and bottles of Chandon Rose to the park and enjoyed a nice little day outside. Talk about some good sister bonding. (and the rose was delicious!)
8. Does anyone else have a hard time with Hydrangeas? I consider myself pretty good with blooms but for some reason these bad boys just died in 5 minutes. Bummer. The good news is that I am obsessed with this Jonathan Adler Dora Maar lamp.
9. I'm also obsessed with this outfit. Nude and black is my favorite combo right now. Oh, and I just NEED this vest.
10. This weeks vibes. I am all about the art of loving yourself. Not in a narcissistic way but in a good way. Sometimes I can get so focused on others and forget about my self care and love. Everybody says its a selfish thing, but I truly believe its such a good and healthy thing.
Here's to another amazing week! xo