1. Christmas was so great this year. I was so fortunate enough to work with Farrow + Ball on my new apartment to introduce ways with color, which I will do a full blog post on later. The color we chose for my living room finally went up. "Brassica" in estate emulsion is so luxe and pretty. It's the most gorgeous soft purple color and literally makes all the pieces that I have just pop! Here's one living room corner I love.
2. Here is a shot during the progress. I painted the room myself with my new roommate and it wasn't actually that bad. The paint went on so smooth and pretty and thick, I fell in love with the ease of it all.
3. Now here is another little shot of my living room and hopefully a better shot of the luscious purple color and my chic little David statue.
4. So, one of my favorite restaurant/bars in Dallas is inside the Zaza Hotel. It's decorated so well, I just love being in there. I've always been obsessed with the back wall. It's dark black with a ton of gold framed photos, cool items, and mirrors. I was so inspired to create the same look in my home entryway.
5. Here is my start of the wall and I'm in love. We used Farrow and Ball "off black" in estate emulsion. It's really really soft and pretty, not overwhelming like some blacks can be.
6. Today, I've got to give a huge shout out to IKEA. First of all, after my movers stole a bunch of my things. My sofa was missing a cushion, total bummer, but the AS IS section of IKEA is chock full of those floating around items that might be just what you are looking for. Random sofa cushion for my Kivik sofa? CHECK and it was only 5$. SCORE! Also, this new light fixture is there and reminds me of something very chic and vintage, or a Jonathan Adler piece. Great budget buy at only 70$.
7. Another score I found was this Docksta dining table, a favorite, was 50% off from their display cases and like new. Hello. Since my old dining table was taken, I needed one and it fits perfectly in my dining room. There were a few scuffs on the bottom so I decided to take it to the next level and paint it gold. I love doing this. Dining room is coming along.
8. For Christmas I was here. Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic is incredible. What's better than spending the holidays in Paradise?
9. Did you guys enjoy my travel tips post? I was so prepared for packing correctly, I got everything in my small little roller carryon. A huge thank you to my Hudson + Bleeker travel bags. My jewelry and shoes were covered and packed in style which made my bag much more organized and easy to pack and unpack. Loved it.
10. With the new year approaching and parties and things happening, I wanted to share this list of fab tips for the art of living.