What's better than a well organized home office? Nada. Being someone who works from home I can appreciate the constant upkeep it takes to maintain an organized, clean and smoothly running office space. Organization is key but never at the expense of style. There are way to stylishly hide the mess. I'm all about IKEA. Today, this space totally inspires me to get some glam statement pieces to make me forget about the "stuff". How fab are these guys?
Want to know what I have found to be my secrets of "home office" success? Well I'm ready to share them with you guys.
1. Get dolled up. I always always always wake up and put my face on, put on a cute + comfortable outfit and look the part, it makes you feel ready to start your day with effectiveness.
2. Write down your goals for the day. At the start of every workday I make notes of all the things I want to accomplish that day and try to set time aside to do them. This way, you won't get stuck losing time on Pinterest. I am totally guilty of that!
3. Set specific times. I set my start of day, my lunch time and end of day. This keeps you on a schedule and ensures that you will be effective during work hours. It can be hard to stay focused when you get distracted by the things throughout the day.
4. Organize. Organize. Organize. I think its important to carefully find a place for everything where you work. I know some people think they work better with a mess but statistics show the speed and productivity of organization helps to boost your work day.
5. Write everything down. Take notes on everything you do, every call you make. It's always nice not to have to rack your brain for information when you can easily find it right in front of you. This one has helped me immensely!
All this and some coffee. Any tips for working from home? I would love to hear your success strategies, leave a comment below...