1. As much as I love interiors, I love jewelry. Especially vintage jewelry like my grandmothers costume jewel collection. I'm now addicted to big old grandma style clip on earrings. I'm a girl with big features, so teeny jewelry just won't do for me. As they say in Texas, the bigger the better.
2. When I am in NYC, I swear I always feel so safe. Even though its supposed to be one of the more dangerous towns with hold ups etc. I just always feel safe. That's not the case everywhere else, so I decided to get myself some pepper spray for those sketchy times. How fab is mine? Black obviously + a little bit of sparkle, i'm so in love with it. It's from Bling Sting, they have other super cute protective things for girls too.
3. How cool this is white campaign dresser? I've been over the "campaign" look for a while but for some reason I am loving this for bedside tables.
4. Okay, so this chair. The detail on it is just amazing. The shape is gorgeous, the white legs with gold detail is so European, I just love it. What I love the most is the grey fray on the end of the seat. It adds something special to the chair and I'm thinking of trying it on a little vintage chair my mom found for me. I want to re-create this look in black. Disregard the art above, not my thing.
5. I'm obsessed with lilac nails. I can't stop wearing the color. Now that fall is here, I really have no idea what I am going to do. Black perhaps? Relishing my last few days of this.
6. Thanks to Netflix, I am OBSESSED with the show FLEA MARKET FLIP on HGTV. I want to be on the show!!!! You hear that, Laura Spencer??!? I literally am addicted, It's all about two teams hunting through flea markets, to find old items and turn them into something amazing and try to sell them post makeover. It's interesting to see what people actually buy as opposed to whats in style. I've learned a lot from the show. I want more episodes hgtv, make it happen! Thank you.
7. I talked yesterday about my love of flipping chairs. This one is pretty cool. I'm always a sucker for black and white stripes.
8. Okay, just one more from the show. THIS!!!! I've seen those screens everywhere and I actually think about using them because I love the vintage asian vibe. I just really LOVE the studded fabric look too. This was such a winner for me.
9. Enough about furniture for a second. This is my Halloween costume this year, pretty easy I know but it always does the trick. The lazy gals guide to costumes right here. But my favorite costume was this..............
10. If you have an iphone and you have emoji's, then you know about the two little twinsie blonde dancers. THIS costume totally stole the cake for me. So hilarious, especially because I use that emoji all the time. Loved it. (costume by kyle krieger hair)
BONUS: Oh, how I love words of encouragement, motivation, inspiration, etc. I'm a coach, so I guess I better be bringing it when I work with people. Anyway, I recently read a book by one my fave gals Carla, and her book FEARLESS & FABULOUS: 10 powerful strategies for getting anything you want in life. I must say the book was reallllly good. These words really stuck with me because I worry about everything, I was taught to think 'worst case scenario' first. I hate that way of thinking though, it gives me anxiety. That mindset just doesn't serve me. It's definitely taken me a while but I am learning how to be better at it and you know what, things always work out in the end anyway. So, while its great to plan, its more fun and better for my health to expect the best. In hindsight you will always see, things do always work out for the best even if that's not what you wanted. It's time we just learned to be with what "is". Right?!
Hope you guys have a great weekend! xo