1. First off I want to apologize for not being so regular in my 10 things post, I'm definitely overwhelmed right now with so much going on. I've just needed a minute to recharge my brain and that means a lot of time away from the computer. I was bordering on burn out. I'm back though. I'm feeling like I got re-inspired and ready to move. One thing I have noticed in decorating my new abode, pattern. I'm so not into pattern right now, or I'm liking to keep it very minimal (like leopard print obviously, but its a neutral in my book, as are black and white stripes) This bedroom above, model Natalie Halcro has a taste that is right up my alley, exotic skin, neutral colors, curves and metallics. Yes.
2. In my new apartment, I'm loving everything that I find at thrift stores because of the character happening. My brass coffee table, these gorgeous pair of tall lamps (which you will see in a minute re done) & this oversized black mirror with a gold pinstripe. So fab. All together under $60.
3. Luckily, I'm in Austin and this town has the coolest creatives with fresh style. Haylie from Hayleon Vintage is the coolest girl and doing super fun things right now. She has a talent for finding antique pieces and giving them some snazziness. I'm hooked on her stuff. We collaborated together and did a custom piece for my new space. It is magical.
4. The gold hardware is so good, it needed a closeup.
5. We even made the drawers gold for a pop of metallic chic.
6. Did you notice the lamps? These babies look so good after I added black drum shades to the top. They really make the whole vignette come together. How cute is this little brass palm I found while thrifting? Love her.
7. I'm also a believer that a house is not a home, unless an orchid is living there...
8. My dining room nook aka my desk, is coming together slowly. I need some fab chairs to go with my new brass bottom, black glass table.
9. Thanks to Ikea, black & white stripes are making my patio area so chic right now. I'm loving spending time here.
10. Bachelor pad project is coming along so nicely too. It's looking so good & manly glamorous. I love love love. Can't wait to show you all the final looks! Stay tuned xoxo