1. I grew up in Austin, although I have never been to SXSW before. So, this year I had to check it out and its been nothing short of a blast. I love all the creative things going on and of course the music. This graffiti was was pretty beautiful too.
2. I just can't get enough of the totally Texas vibe, cowboys & cactus & my RM sneaks that I love made for perfect people watching.
3. I loved checking out all the fun pop up shops and styled out digs. My girl from Stone Textile was showing at Tribe for the Masses which was a beautiful display of all the emerging and independent artists/designers from around the world. Pretty cool to support the locals.
4. The week before this week, I spent in Dallas/Ft. Worth, which I haven't told you all about yet. I went to the Fort Worth Antique Fair and checked out a couple of the local vintage places. I haven't been to grandma's house in a while, so it was perfect time to. Here I am after a long day of antiquing, My guest bedroom was nothing short of glamorous.
5. Case-in-point, the headboard. Old Hollywood Baroque looking, white with antique mirror insets. It sits against fabric walls with this gorgeous metallic gray marble-ish pattern.
6. Now lets look at her entryway, turquoise walls, gorgeous matching tile & a fab little rug. If you could see the gold mirror on the right you would die. It's incredible.
7. Here is her old chinoiserie style grand room. This is where cocktail hour happens. I love the coral walls, florals and white furnishings.
8. One of the things that I love about my grandmother, she does everything up. She isn't the woman who saves her precious china for special occasions. She goes all out for any and every occasion and always encourages me to use gorgeous trays for my morning coffee or tea. Gotta love the woman's outlook on entertaining, she really is the best.
9. At the antique fair, this was my most favorite item. This chandelier was nothing short of spectacular, a little out of my price range at $4500.
10. We also stopped by this gorgeous showroom called Simple Things and my jaw dropped at this little bedroom vignette. I fell instantly in love.